Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Twitter items of interest

I’ve been swamped for the last week getting my students’ grades in and working on a few writing projects, so I haven’t had a chance to blog here in a few days. However, I did want to post these interesting Twitter-related items.

First, Twitterverse is a free screensaver that ships with the new version of the Mac OS which will show your friends’ Tweets while your computer is idle. I just installed it, so I’m not too sure how fast it updates, but it looks pretty cool. For those of you (like me) who aren’t as Mac-savvy as the link above assumes, you have to install the DevExamples package on the Mac OS disc 2 to find the file. After that, you can follow the rest instructions.

Second, one of the most common questions that non-Twitter users ask about Twitter is “Why would you want to do that?” This question can be surprisingly difficult to answer, but this video provides one nice, simple answer you can point them to: communication. I think Twitter has more (and more interesting) uses than this, but the video is engaging and worth the watch.

No comments: